Without a doubt once a week I get a hankering for a roast chicken in the middle of the week, I never seem to get time to actually do one though. I think the thing that puts me off is having to carve the chicken, I admit that I’m crap at getting meat off the carcus so things like chicken breast are always a winner. At Waitrose last week they had an insane deal on chicken drumsticks so I thought I’d give them a whirl. I still really fancied that roast chicken flavour though and needed something easy to serve it with so Not Roast Chicken Spaghetti was born. The best thing about it is there’s no need to even put the oven on!
- 14 Chicken Drumsticks
- Olive Oil
- Large knob of butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- Tsp of dried parsley
- Tsp of dried rosemary
- Enough spaghetti for 4
- Heat up a large casserole dish and add a glug of oil and the butter.
- Crushed the garlic cloves in and add the drumsticks along with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Fry the drumsticks until they’re brown all over, add the herbs and mix everything round.
- Turn the heat right down and cover with the lid for 20-30 minutes, regularly turn the drumsticks.
- Whilst the drumsticks are cooking cook the spaghetti to your liking.
- Double check that the chicken is cooked through and then drain your spaghetti.
- Turn the chicken off and move all the drumsticks to a plate. Add the spaghetti to the casserole dish and make sure all the spaghetti is covered in everything left in the pan.
- Remove all the meat from the bones and add it back in to the casserole dish.
- Give everything a good mix and taadaa not roast chicken spaghetti!
I’d love to hear if you make this and how it goes!